Position: Account Executive
Action Business Unit: ARI Logistics (Action Enterprise Logistics)
Operations: Full Time
The primary objective for this role is to build your book of business by identifying and adding new customer accounts and provide exceptional service to your existing customers in order to retain and grow those accounts. This position is accountable for meeting and exceeding individual KPI's (Key Performance Indicator) and business objectives including, but not limited to the following:
- Addition or new and retention of existing customer accounts
- Loads booked per day
- Sales calls per day
- Gross Profit Margin
- YOY (Year Over Year) organic growth of existing customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospects, calls on, and lands new customers in order to create and continuously grow personal book of business and generate new revenue.
- Provides exceptional customer service and support by frequently and proactively reaching out to customers to establish rapport, deepen working relationships, and win revenue-generating opportunities.
- Perform daily operations for customer accounts including load entry and monitoring, coordination of freight movements, customer communication, and management of customer needs.
- Proactively identifies organic growth opportunities for current customers.
- Prepares bids on lanes and submits RFP/RFQs as available/requested.
- Provides backup support for other team members as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Competitive mindset with a "hunter" mentality; aggressive approach to winning opportunities
- High energy, enthusiastic and a positive, proactive attitude
- Ability to develop a creative approach to overcoming hurdles including strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills including a customer-centric philosophy and strong ability to build relationships and establish trust
- Strong sense of urgency for completing tasks and seeking out opportunities
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Efficient organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-year of previous B2B sales preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Familiarity with transportation management software (TMS) such as McLeod or TMW preferred
- Familiarity with customer relationship management software (CRM) such as Salesforce or One-Page preferred
- BC/BS Major Medical
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vison Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Accidental Insurance - At no cost to the employee.
- Short term Disability. At no cost to the employee.
- Long term Disability - At no cost to the employee.
- Optional Voluntary Life Ins.
- Paid Time Off Plan