Company Job Title:
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
The Senior Technician performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed; selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents; receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; and performs recurring work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Construct components, subunits, or adapts standard equipment; troubleshoot and correct malfunctions;
- Follow specific layout, diagrams and procedures to construct, maintain operate and package equipment.
- Conduct various tests or operations which may require minor modifications in setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard equipment and maintains appropriate records of operations conducted;
- Extract and compiling a variety from operating procedures, written policies and regulations, field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, and selecting proper procedures to complete tasks.
- Assist process/procedural modification by compiling data related to assigned operations, specifications, and materials pertinent to assigned tasks; developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data, and seeks sources to clarify information and improve processes.
- Provide semi-professional technical support, engineering and analysis working in such areas as:
- Transportation support
- Inventory/warehouse support
- Test and engineering operations
- Function independently to resolve problems; advise staff members in order to meet established objectives.
- Perform maintenance and other logistics functions on fielded systems
- Maintain inventory, prepare order quantities and tracks resupply activities
- Perform fleet planning, operation and maintenance
- Prepare materials for shipping
- Conduct maintenance operations
- Operate test and diagnostic equipment
- Operate handling equipment
- Operate/Drive various vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Associates Degree and 10 years of relevant experience
- High school diploma/GED and 12 years experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Valid Drivers License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to conscientiously follow written and verbal instruction.
- Proper use of standard hand tools and material handling equipment.
- Operation of heavy equipment including trucks and fork lifts for general material handling.
- Ability to maintain a drivers license.
- Ability to lift boxes, packages and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds using proper equipment and lifting techniques.
- Physically fit with full use of arms, legs, and back.
- Ability to maintain required training and certifications.
- Ability to use computers to search for and generate information using Microsoft.
- Travel: ability to travel 15-30% to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.