Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste problems. RRWS needs to add key members to our team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout the US that works with all levels of the government. The Light Truck Driver position is one of our most physically demanding jobs. Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a landfill site, transfer station or recycling plant. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 300 times per day. Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demands may vary by route or area.
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Conduct pre-trip/post-trip inspections.
- Provide waste or recycling collection services to customers on an assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling carts/containers into the truck and hauling to the final disposal facility.
- Maintain and update the driver's log sheets.
- Maintain and update route sheets.
- Replace trash/recycling carts/containers neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Clean truck inside and out.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Clean up waste spills and overflows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to drive a truck with an automatic transmission.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (physical exertion, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous truck driving experience preferred.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Drivers License
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
- RRWS paid 100 % for the employee on the following insurance benefits
- 401K and Roth retirement plans; Employer will match 0.50 cents to your dollar up to 6% on the 401K plan only.
- PTO after 1 year
- $150.00 Red Wing boot vouchers
- RRWS quarterly uniforms
- Paid Holidays
- Promotions within Company