Ensures a high level of credit quality by providing Consumer and Small Business loan underwriting support, and analysis and complete credit analysis services to the company's branch offices and senior management. A high level of independence in the work and demonstrated trust by the lending staff is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this work environment is usually quiet.
- Developing credit information for use by the lending officers or senior management in making lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies and main office files.
- Prepares all calculations for income to determine the debt service.
- Prepares all spreadsheet and financial information.
- Determines the need for more thorough investigation or additional information and completes that investigation.
- Analyses income, debt obligations and related material to determine the credit worthiness of the request.
- Prepares summary, presents facts and offers opinions concerning creditworthiness to loan officers or senior management in written decisions and or in oral presentations.
Assumes ownership of assigned credits with little or no direct supervision. Works independently on most credits.
- Analyses the ATR, Consumer and SBLU credits in the bank with some assistance from the various managers in each unit.
- Monitors and helps maintain the Bank's Credit Scoring systems by calculating debt service ratio and monitoring application accuracy.
- Insures that all loan request meets the Ability-to-Repay regulation implemented January 10, 2014 for ATR Requests.
- Works with loan officers over the phone to assist them in qualifying loans.
- Keeping informed of current practices in loan underwriting, accounting, economics and credit analysis.
- Monitors and prepares all ATR consumer credit denials.
- Enforcing the override policies and process all requests for consumer overrides.
- Calculate the pricing on SBLU requests.
- Various other SBLU, ATR and Consumer department duties as required.
- A. or B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Banking Experience or Bank Training program.
- High degree of written communication skills.
- High degree of oral communication and presentation skill.
- High degree of analytical skills.
- High Degree of computer skills.