Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is hiring an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician for our Monroeville, AL location. This facility produces a variety of products from southern yellow pine, including dimension lumber, heavy studs, squares/timbers and barn timbers. Georgia-Pacific's building product business has consistently been among the nation's top suppliers of building products to building materials dealers and large warehouse retailers. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific's Building Products Division please visit: http://www.buildgp.com/
The Electrical and Instrumentation Technician will create value by learning the everyday operations of the mill and how to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on equipment leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. Successful employees demonstrate teamwork, initiative and adherence to all safety standards and codes. If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in mill safety program
- Documenting and reporting to supervisor key findings during work execution and actively participating in improving equipment reliability and uptime
- Maintaining operations, environmental, and safety equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Working with operations, supervision, and co-workers in a team environment to help identify & prioritize E/I maintenance needs
- Assisting other crafts as needed
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years or more of electrical maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing or 2 year electrical degree
- Experience troubleshooting and performing preventive and predictive maintenance functions on equipment including: motor starters, motor control centers, programmable logic controllers, control panels, electrical distribution systems, instrument calibration & repairs, control loop tuning & repairs, and distributed process control systems
- Willing and able to work any shift, overtime as needed, and be on-call some holidays and weekends, usually on a rotational basis
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting (up to 50 pounds), walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Troubleshooting and electrical skills aptitude or experience
- Experience reading technical drawings, schematics, and interpreting OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) manuals
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC's (Allen Bradley Control Logix software), AC and DC motors & drives, motor controllers, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, control loops and instrumentation
- Two (2) or more years of technical training in the electrical and instrumentation field
- Leadership experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Projects
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf