Providence is calling a Laundry Services Assistant II (Laundry, Variables, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Extended Care in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Unloads washers. Loads and unloads dryers.
- Folds items not normally pressed. Places folded linen on flow rack.
- Checks linen for damage. Identifies torn, stained and otherwise imperfect articles.
- Feeds clean, damp flat work pieces, such as: sheets, draw sheets, contour sheets and pillow cases into the ironer.
- Insures that delivery carts are loaded. Delivers linens.
- Notifies the Manager or Facilities Engineering of any machine malfunction.
- Provides Laundry services and delivery to Service Area customers and contracted customers.
- Operates laundry equipment to complete the finishing process.
- Produces high poundage and high volumes to meet customer needs.
- Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualification for this position include:
- Training provided
About Our Community
Providence Extended Care at the Cottages is located on a campus that includes eight cottages and a Commons Building. The Cottages are home to 96 residents. The Commons Building includes the facility reception area, Resident Bank, Gift Shop, Rehabilitation Therapies, Chapel, Supplies, Plant Services, Dietary, Support Services, Staff Development, Administration offices and Conference Rooms. The Cottages bear the names of Alaskan rivers and are arranged in alphabetical order along Compassion Circle.
Each cottage is a home that contains 12 private bedrooms/baths situated around a warm, inviting hearth and living area. An open kitchen allows residents and guests to enjoy the aromas and happenings of a kitchen, just like home. Each Cottage includes a Den along with a Spa and beauty/barber shop station. A patio off the dining area provides easy access to the outdoors and gardening opportunities. Large windows in the living area provide views for all to enjoy.