QR Code Link to This Post
APYS has three Route Driver's to join our team. This is a permanent year round position. We provide pet waste, lawn maintenance and snow shoveling services to over 5000 customers year round.
Once trained and acquiring some experience over 30-45 days, our Route Driver's average between $17-$20/hr!
We are looking for reliable, hardworking, responsible people who love working with dogs, working outdoors and prefers to work independently.
- Do you like dogs?
- Do you enjoy working independently?
- Do you enjoy working outside and keeping physically active?
If you said yes to these questions, this position is for you!
Generally speaking, you will get a daily route of customers to service. You'll drive to the house, give Buddy a belly rub (if he's outside), walk the yard, clean-up Buddy's canine treasures, put it in their trash can and drive on to the next house.
What's the work like?
- During the Winter: If you know how to dress for winter conditions, this job is very comfortable, peaceful and simple. It can be easier than the summer since the canine treasures are very obvious in the white snow. On day's that it snows we provide snow shoveling services to our customers.
- Spring : During the Spring season we are extremely busy! This job can be compared to spring clean-up season for a lawn maintenance company. Lot's of shoveling, raking, etc. During the month of May we perform spring cleanup lawn maintenance services too!
- Summer and Fall: Our regular weekly maintenance clients are easy! You'll go around to each clients home and clean-up the mess that Buddy has left over the past week. Alaska summer days are awesome! All of our service employee's enjoy this time of year.
Our ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working outside in all weather conditions and keeping physically active.
- Has a reliable vehicle under 80,000 miles to use on the job with insurance (we provide mileage reimbursement)
- Has a clean driving record.
- Enjoys being around dogs and doesn't mind picking up after them (year round)
- Is in strong physical condition and can handle working long days during our busy seasons.
- Is punctual.
- Has a very strong work ethic.
- Has leadership qualities
- Can work independently with limited supervision, but still has the ability to be a team player.
Once trained and acquiring some experience over 30-45 days, our Route Driver's average between $17-$20/hr! In addition we pay 54 cents per mile when you're driving too! Compensation is paid twice per month.
Job descriptions and online employment applications can be found on our website at:https://alaskapetandyardservices.com/Employment/Scooping_Team-Anchorage.htm
QR Code Link to This Post