Worker Time Type
Reddy Ice utilizes the U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse. Please make sure you are registered with the "Clearinghouse" in order to be considered for employment with Reddy Ice.
Please click here to view "A Day in the Life of a Driver" at Reddy Ice.
This position delivers ice to customers in articulated vehicles (tractor-trailers) that require a CDL Class A license. Drivers are either assigned a delivery route or transport truckloads of ice to specific customer locations. The delivery region, route, and type of equipment operated is subject to change depending on business needs. Drivers are expected to physically unload, deliver, fill and rotate ice at the customer locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and maintain a clean company truck in a safe and professional manner.
- Unload, deliver, and rotate ice at customer and other designated locations using a safe, courteous, and service-oriented method.
- Perform pre/post trip inspections, comply with state/federal hours of service requirements, and operate the vehicle in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Participate daily in the Daily Visual Management (DVM) process; reviews DVM results with other drivers.
- Produce invoices for each delivery and complete all other required paperwork.
- Responsible for the safe operation, working condition, and inventory of all driver "tools", including: handhelds, printers, handcarts, and handtrucks.
- Report all accidents and injuries, regardless of severity.
- Pick up equipment as directed.
- Ability to perform other operational duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and processes.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
The following metrics indicating the amount of ice that is moved daily and weekly by a delivery driver.
Delivery Driver Metric - Ice Volume for Job Description
Pallets to be delivered each day 10
of 10 lb. bags per pallet 210
Total bags of Ice delivered per day (#10 Lb Equivalent) 2,100
Total bags of Ice delivered per 5 day week 10,500
Total lbs. delivered per day 21,000
Total lbs delivered 5 day week 105,000
Tons (ICE) delivered daily 10.5
Tons (ICE) delivered weekly 52.5
- This is a general outline based on a 10 Pallet truck and a 5 day work week.*
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
- Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
Internal: CSM, CSR's/Dispatchers, Location Manager (if at spoke), Lead Driver (where applicable), Forklift Operators
External: Customers and warehouse personnel
This position requires a Class A CDL drivers license. This is a professional driver position and must drive safely and courteously at all times. Must possess a clean driving record.
No lead or supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a High School education or GED.
Three years previous route delivery driver experience preferred.
A minimum of one year experience as a driver in a vehicle similar to which you will be assigned to operate during the time of employment with the company is required.
Must have basic math skills and exceptional customer relations skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to drive in stressful environments. Unloads, loads, and rotates product in merchandisers. Required to lift 40 lbs throughout the day. Required to work in all weather conditions.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY, FUNDS AND INFORMATION
This position has direct responsibility for property, funds and information. This individual must adhere to and follow all corporate policies and procedures.