TrueNet Communications is currently seeking a full-time, OSP Engineer in Phoenix, AZ or the surrounding area in order to facilitate construction projects and activities with our clients. Experience with NDS software is highly preferred. The typical schedule is M-F during normal business hours with some flexibility dependent upon business needs.
OSP (Outside Plant) Engineer II is responsible for design and development of mid-level outside plant (OSP) equipment installations, modifications and upgrades. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon management.)
Essential Position Functions:
- Design of telecommunication distribution projects such as downtown underground projects, new facility projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects as required.
- Prepare site drawings and construction drawings for various telecommunication facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepare permit drawings as required.
- Document changes to or modifications of specifications within customers' systems.
- Interpret codes, standards, requirements, and guidelines to complete assigned projects.
- Interpret engineering drawings and assisting with layout/design engineering work for construction.
- Communicate with management and provide work status updates daily.
- Perform self-check and quality control of work for completeness, accuracy, client standards, and overall presentation.
- Assist with the training of other OSP engineering team members.
- Represent TrueNet Communications to the community with attention to the highest standard of conduct, appearance, and attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of AT&T, Windstream, CenturyLink, Level 1, FPL FiberNet, or other relevant OSP design experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Telecommunications industry standards and practices required.
- Experience with OSP design of copper and fiber optic facilities in aerial, underground, and direct buried applications required.
- Proficiency with NDS, ARAMIS, Opti, BSTCAD, Microstation, and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Proficiency with NDS is HIGHLY preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of outside plant construction techniques required.
- Ability to read and understand highway/road prints is required.
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires working in the field and an office environment.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.