ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you ready to make a positive impact on the lives of the residents of Maricopa County?
As Processing Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring all early ballot and provisional ballots are processed and counted in a timely manner. You will team with the Lead in coordinating the training for all temporary workers who will be assisting during the election. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are passionate about process improvement and quality control.
Make a real difference in the community by doing something you love.
ABOUT MARICOPA COUNTY ELECTIONS DEPARTMENT
The Maricopa County Elections Department serves over 2.2 million registered voters as they exercise their right to make informed decisions regarding the selection of local and national leaders as well as ballot measures. We believe in teamwork, creating a vibrant exciting work environment, and pursuing opportunities to make a positive impact in the communities that make up the 4th largest and fastest growing County in the United States! Our work supports elections in cities, towns, school districts and special districts, and we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Position Qualifications
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of experience performing office, administrative, and clerical duties.
Combined education and experience qualifications
- Post-secondary education may substitute for the experience requirements on a year for year basis.
- Must successfully complete the next scheduled Secretary of State Election Officer Certification.
- Must be registered or eligible to register to vote in Arizona.
- Must complete a signature comparison class at the next class offered after hire.
- Must be able to pass applicable background screening.
- Must be able to work irregular hours and shifts based on the department needs.
Our Preferred Candidate has
- One (1) year elections experience.
- One (1) year experience in supervisory or lead role.
Essential Job Tasks
- Assists with overseeing temporary workers and prioritizing activities processing Early ballots, Provisional ballots, and ballots sent for Duplication.
- In concert with Lead, coordinates with the ballot tabulation center to ensure the ballot audit is accurate and ballots are counted in a timely manner.
- Performs quality control and reviews work performed by temporary staff.
- Evaluates and recommends process improvements relating to the Early Voting Ballot Processing area.
- Assists other divisions of the Election Department.
- Ensures and understands the balancing, creating and maintaining of an audit trail.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs for a minimum distance of 20 feet. Extensive mandatory overtime during the Primary/General election cycle. May be assigned to assist with the overseeing of a night shift during busy election cycles. Selection Procedure
The Maricopa County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates considered to be the most highly qualified. Those selected will be assessed based on evaluation of listed education and experience. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a list provided by Human Resources..
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.