Clearway Energy Group is accelerating the world's transformation to a clean energy future. With more than 4.1 gigawatts of solar and wind energy assets in 25 states and a development pipeline across the country, we are offsetting the equivalent of nearly 9 million tons of carbon emissions for our customers. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and New York, NY. For more information, visit www.clearwayenergygroup.com.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for financial data management, journal entries, account reconciliations, timely completion and execution of monthly and quarterly internal financial reporting, internal controls, and accounting for various components of Clearway. This person will be responsible for multiple other ad hoc projects as assigned, which will cover all aspects of renewables accounting.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Execute the monthly, quarterly and year-end close process within clearly-specified time frames.
- Perform analytical functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close. Duties include analysis of income statement, balance sheet and equity transactions, financial statements and general accounting support for financed and non-financed projects.
- Utilize financial reporting software to create, maintain and update reporting templates and data queries.
- Support the Tax department as needed for income tax preparation for partnership returns or tax provisions.
- Support the business by providing accurate general ledger account codes for individual projects based on project stages (development, construction, and operational).
- Compile quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements in accordance with compliance reporting requirements.
- Assist in researching technical accounting and reporting matters, accounting principles and financial reporting rules.
- Collaborate with and respond to ad hoc requests from key stakeholders within the organization.
- Close coordination with members of the Asset Management team on understanding and explaining to management the financial performance of the projects.
- Assist with special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Support the annual audit process for standalone audits, which includes compiling financial statements and footnote schedules, providing data requests to external auditors, and providing substantial support for audit selections.
- Support parent and affiliate company audit requests from external auditors.
- Work with internal functional departments (e.g., Treasury, Asset Management, Engineering and Procurement) and external groups to ensure financial reported results are accurate and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform all aspects of work with a high degree of accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- CPA and / or Master's in accounting preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Three to seven years of experience in general accounting and/or financial reporting.
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or other ERP / accounting system.
- Energy industry (or real estate company) experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including performing financial and analytical computations in Excel.
- Detail oriented and adaptable to changing working requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment that emphasizes attention to detail, meeting deadlines and working together to achieve company-wide objectives.
- Demonstrated "can do" attitude in embracing company goals and initiatives.