WALNUT CREEK OFFICE-AZ-8020H-PHOENIX-AZ
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60Bn company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The primary purpose for this position is to strengthen Manufacturing Operations' ability to develop and execute major capital projects that deliver strategic value and financial success. This position also develops, prioritizes, and implements major strategic initiatives and key business objectives in collaboration with the Manufacturing senior leadership team. The position directs the engineering analysis, short- and long-term planning and project implementation that will impact all Manufacturing facilities. The position will direct innovation and technological advancements to leverage a competitive advantage. Also, this position will lead, mentor and influence the development of other Engineering staff at backstage and in the field.
- B.S. degree preferred in engineering field, professional certification desired focused in project management, operations & process control, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience plus the education/experience listed above.
- Strong Beverage & Grocery and or strong Dairy process engineering background preferably including ESL process design
- 7 years' experience in strategic capital execution including project design, development and management using broad experience from multiple disciplines.
- 5 years' experience in managing by influence.
- Extensive knowledge of food plant and/or distribution facility engineering, process design and capital project management.
- Skilled in facility layout and design, food regulatory requirements, process improvement and team problem solving methods.
- Must possess significant industry knowledge in material handling equipment, operating systems, controls, and related manufacturing and/or distribution systems.
- Manages financial impact on Manufacturing operations and major outside customers by developing and managing major capital investments and strategic projects.
- Consistently develops strategic business solutions utilizing capital investments.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and analytical skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be adept at change management with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be result focused and a pro-active team leader to manage multiple projects and meet key deadlines.
- Knowledge of PC skills including MS Project, Excel, Access, Power Point and Word.
- Working knowledge of other business software systems including ERP, Lawson, PMC, WMS.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, design and facilitate major capital improvements and strategic business initiatives for Manufacturing operations.
- Ensure sound engineering, operational and financial feasibility for capital projects.
- Select equipment, processing and/or distribution methods to drive facility best practices.
- Set standards for construction and equipment installation.
- Provide input to annual capital planning and leadership status reports.
- Lead Manufacturing senior leaders, field management teams, maintenance managers and backstage managers in the technical development and administration of capital projects.
- Prepare and develop preliminary layouts, conceptual designs and capital documentation for necessary presentations, approvals and business justifications to business unit leadership.
- Direct and manage bidding process, prepare and award contracts.
- Manage architect/engineers, consultants and job site managers to ensure project budget, timeline and performance
- Manage change order process, invoice approvals and budget cost analysis for multiple projects.
- Collaborate with corporate support teams, such as: environmental, compliance, and energy management groups.
- Introduce Manufacturing senior leadership team to new methods and drive procedures that reduce operating costs and waste.
- Partner with plant management and maintenance staff to improve facility maintenance and equipment reliability (Preventative Maintenance Computerized Systems & Predictive Maintenance Programs).
- Facilitate Strategic Facility Planning initiative for Manufacturing.
- Facilitate development of facility asset stewardship programs.
- Develop and support energy management and utility cost control initiatives.
- Reduce negative impact from regulatory compliance issues (OSHA, EPA, FDA).
- Complete periodic audits to assess effectiveness of facility programs.
- Improve Engineering Department performance by continuous improvement of process and project management tools.