The Asset Servicing, Custody group is comprised of multiple service teams that service over 1,400 client appointed investment manager relationships and over 400 self-managed client relationships in North America. On the service team, the Client Service Representative (CSR) acts as the primary point of contact for our investment manager and client relationships. In this fast paced environment, it is critical for the CSR to possess the necessary developed time-management and analytical skills to successfully navigate the organization, as well as utilize a multitude of proprietary tools, resources and applications to resolve inquiries and time sensitive issues. The role requires great attention to detail, adaptability and the aptitude to perform in a multi-task environment.
Primary Responsibilities of the Client Service Representative (CSR):
- CSR acts as the primary point of contact for client-appointed investment manager relationships and self-managed client relationships across North America
- CSR is responsible for servicing the investment manager, or client, with the commitment and adaptability needed to meet their expectations
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned investment managers, or clients, and internal Northern Trust partners or groups to better understand the needs of the investment manager, or client, and articulate those needs in order to collaborate on query resolution, process improvements and other service enhancements
- Interact with various internal partner groups to aide in or facilitate in the resolution of issues and inquiries across the many global markets the investment managers or clients invest.
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of all systems and applications required to effectively service investment managers, clients and/or internal Northern Trust partners
- Stay informed of changing market conditions and procedures as advised/provided by internal communications or management
- Adhere to all applicable risk management standards, policies and programs to ensure Northern Trust operates with integrity and transparency in the markets where it does business.
- College degree or relevant work experience in client servicing; financial services preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where adaptability and multitasking are critical for success and development
- Knowledge of general investment, finance and business concepts, usually acquired through formal education or experience, is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal abilities
- Critical thinking, analytical problem solving and organizational skills are required to identify and resolve issues, as well as to enhance ongoing personal development
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.