Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
Viasat is a global broadband services technology company who securely connects consumers, businesses, and governments to the internet, anywhere in the world via satellite. Viasat is not just an industry leader; we are a market disrupter ‐ pushing the boundaries of what's possible by creating what doesn't exist. We thrive on accomplishing what others have proclaimed the impossible. Viasat designed, developed and launched the very first high throughput satellite in 2011 which provides as much bandwidth as all of the satellites over North America and has been a game changer in the market.
In June 2017 we launched Viasat‐2, which will improve speeds, reduce costs, and expand the footprint 7 X's across North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and Northern South America. Always asking "What's Next," we are still redefining the role satellite plays in the competitive broadband communications market.
Due to an unforseen resignation, Viasat is looking for a Procurement Specialist. In this role, you will manage the full lifecycle for commodity procurements. You will work closely with external suppliers and internal cross‐functional partners in Supply Chain, Program Management, Engineering, Legal, Finance and more to ensure supply strategies are deployed and managed for critical program(s).
- Oversee the buying and procurement lifecycle management including MRP analysis, PO placement and supply reporting for assigned commodities or programs.
- Develop, manage, and implement sourcing strategies for commodities and/or programs.
- Manage suppliers to ensure no shortages to production needs; Communicate and assess daily issues, including engineering changes.
- Manage and oversee RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's for assigned commodities/programs. Negotiate and administer optimal terms with suppliers from cost, quality, schedule and supply continuity in support of unique program requirements
- Analyze commodity spend and evaluate existing supply base. Consolidate spend to create leverage and work with strategic sourcing to develop supply alternatives where needed. Provide insight into the supply base and market for the commodities assigned, including lead times, industry trends, cost drivers, and top suppliers.
- Develop and negotiate required special terms, conduct independent cost/price analysis as needed. Document the entire negotiation process.
- Active participation with key stakeholders – ability to learn and develop strategies based on customer requirements and technology trends. Work toward procurement automation where possible.
- 5+ years of experience as a supply chain professional in an entrepreneurial, high‐tech environment.
- Proven experience with supply chain planning and procurement.
- Demonstrated experience with commodity management.
- Proven analytical skills specific to Procurement (Supplier Performance, Cost BOMs, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills including the ability to present to senior leadership.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office suite of business software is required: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- US government position. US citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Government Procurement Experience. Knowledge of FAR15 procurement practices. Experience with PLM, Agile or similar preferred.Experience with ERP system, Oracle or similar preferred.Experience with contract management, project management, and supplier relationship management within a low volume high mix environment.Space /Aerospace or Electronics program related experience.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required