Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
As Senior DBA of Database Management organization at Honeywell, you will have opportunity to work with large footprint of various database technologies and make a difference by establishing a solid foundation for innovation, performance, reliability, and scalability working on on-prem and public cloud solutions leveraging multiple database technologies.
You will have opportunity to work on ORACLE database development, architecture, and operations that are responsible for setting the database strategy and delivering a scalable and reliable data platform that supports Honeywell's Digital Platform and Applications. Additionally, you will also participate and provide your guidance for the design and implementation of databases in global high availability and high-performance environments. You will be working with leads to maintain the ORACLE database models across all applications, design new solutions at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and will deliver large scale systems that will have an impact on revenue growth.
- Involve on adoption of strategic platforms for ORACLE database - on-premise and Cloud Infrastructure
- Collaborate on Database Automation activities to improve process efficiency and risk compliance
- Drive Stability initiatives by proactively reviewing and addressing Database performance and capacity trends
- Effectively participate and guide - 24x7 operational support shift model
- Mentor and guide DBAs blended with young and experienced.
- Ready to learn other core database technology like MS SQL, MySQL, open source databases.
- Stay focused, aggressive, active, lead by example, coordinate and guide the leadership team, and provide value as a strong team player.
- Implement High Availability database solutions in Oracle.
- Lead and manage high severity database issues impacting revenue applications working cross functionally across leads of infrastructure, network, and application teams
- Ensure centralized 24x7 Database Monitoring and Auditing Tools in place and effective in operation
- Create and maintain reliable CMDB inventory for your area of responsibility along with connected assets.
- Review consistently on the usage of database inventory on-going basis and work on consolidation, migration and deletion of assets associated and ensure savings to IT spend
- Make sure to delete the vendor unsupported environments and stay in compliance to protect data and systems from any vulnerability
- Effective governance of third-party vendor both onshore and offshore
- Engage completely into full lifecycle of Database environment (Plan, Build, Patch, Run)
- Risk and Control oversight of DB environment ensuring engagement with DB Security and Engineering teams
- Provide guidance to Operational Database Support teams to troubleshoot and investigate Business impacting performance issues on need basis.
- Apply technical expertise to strategize for current/future technological developments and serve as point of contact for technical questions
- Apply knowledge of concepts and procedures to resolve issues
- Create and maintain processes and documentation for various database activities including architecture, user access, user termination, DB creation, DB migration, DB security, Service Now knowledge etc.,
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for infrastructure technologies functional areas across various business sectors
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, evaluate controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction – SOX/PCI/GDPR/Export compliance etc.,
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Honeywell, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing.
- Engage in cross-platform training & in bits and bytes sessions on technology trends, create opportunities for career growth, and train the resources across various technologies
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years hands-on experience with ORACLE
- 2+ years of solid hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of database technology in Azure, AWS, Oracle OCI and Oracle ExaCC.
- 4+ years of solid experience of Database Tuning
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Database Platform including Governance Integration, Security and Operations
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support
- Experience with Replication tool like Oracle Golden Gate, Attunity, HVR etc.,
- Experience in transforming to and from on premise environment to cloud technology
- Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills.
- The ability to partner effectively across IT teams, suppliers and business customers on cross-functional projects and process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills - effective listening and be a motivated team player.
- Self-motivated, demonstrated bias for action
- Skilled in partnering with internal customers at all levels to define problems, identify solutions, and facilitate change
- Experience with data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery options, configuration and execution
- The ability to be a change agent and promotes positive change in the organization demonstrating drive for continual improvement and efficiency
- Ability to effectively deal with critical outages and remediation efforts given risk activities
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
- Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
- Experience and Knowledge on MS SQL, MySQL databases, No SQL databases and Big data is big plus.
- Excellent leadership communication and executive presence
- Strong influencing, program and change management skills
- Strong business acumen and customer focus
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Analytical experience with spreadsheet analysis, public presentations, and data management the ability to be a change agent and promote positive change in the organization
- The ability to translate business issues / requirements and objectives into technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of IT business processes and practices including ITIL methodology
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 300 S. Tryon St, Suite 500 / 600, Charlotte, NC 28202 USA