Join the TrueNet family as a Coax Splicer in the Tucson, AZ area. As a TrueNet team member you will receive competitive benefits, excellent pay and flexible work schedules. TrueNet is a leading company in the Telecom Industry and always looking for the perfect addition.
The Coax Splicer is responsible for performing tasks associated with the aerial and underground electronic upgrade and splicing of coaxial cable for cable television systems in an outside plant environment.
Essential Position Functions:
- Read and interpret work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in sequence of task.
- Repair or splice in new line as needed to complete the testing and certification of the project.
- Place and install required coax cable when necessary to complete assignment.
- Install all passive and active devices, pedestals, and vaults and coax splice cases required to house CATV equipment per customer requirements.
- Test Coax– RF lines for balanced signal between points– continuity and fault
- Read and understand site plans, maps, diagrams, designs, and prints needed to support project.
- Pull coax through existing duct package, pull cable through conduit either manually, blowing, or mechanically, and splice and activate underground and aerial lines.
- Optimize new Nodes and splice in node splits to reduce capacity
- Utilize RF Meters and TDR (time-domain reflectometers)
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design.
- Close a project by completing production sheets, verifying proper levels after activation, and adjust and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Ensure that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders.
- Keep detailed record of work activity
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 5+ years' experience as an aerial lineman required.
- 5+ years' MSO/CATV experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in new build, coax and pole transfers required.
- Strong knowledge of building strand, lashing, pole transfers and grounding required.
- Understanding of and ability to use: signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, AC clamp meter television test set, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear.
- Must have basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills.
- Must be able to efficiently use a Windows-based computer.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, bending/twisting, pushing/pulling within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 75 pounds up to one-half of the time.
- Ability to work in a confined space and at high elevations (poles, hydraulic lift buckets, ladders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% (most travel is planned in advance).
- Ability to work in all temperatures, climates and weather conditions.
- Full knowledge and capability of driving a bucket truck.
- Carry, set-up and extend ladders weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Confidence working in/on buckets, ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to work in loud, noise-filled, environment out in the field.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others daily.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), read here
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position (H1B, etc.).
TrueNet Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across North America. Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off and paid holidays.