Dental Hygienist – General Dental Hygienist
$3000 Sign on Bonus!!
An Exciting Job Opportunity as a Dental Hygienist
If you're searching for a rewarding career as a Dental Hygienist, look no further. A Heartland Dental supported office is looking for a motivated, goal-orientated individual to help provide the most efficient dental care for our community as possible as a Dental Hygienist. At Heartland Dental supported offices, optimal dentistry and patient care is of utmost importance, so join our team today!
Monday: 7:45 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:45 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:45 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 7:45 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 7:45 am - 1:00 pm
We understand that you work hard, which is why each supported location provides an excellent compensation and benefits package. Additionally, Heartland Dental's extensive training and continuing education opportunities are unparalleled and exceed industry norms. Each supported location invests heavily in your professional and personal growth and wants to see you succeed. If your career ambitions include leadership and further advancement, our network of supported locations offer many opportunities to help you meet your goals. Heartland Dental's network of supported locations is expected to double in size within the next five to seven years and new opportunities will be created to support that growth.
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Free dental services for yourself and your dependents minus lab fees
- Vision care support
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan
- 6 paid holidays off
- Team-focused, uplifting and educational work culture
- Potential for 2 weeks vacation available
As a Dental Hygienist, you will clean teeth and examine patient oral areas, head and neck for signs of oral disease. You will also record and review patient medical histories.
Additional responsibilities and requirements of the Dental Hygienist include:
- Cleaning calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath gum margins with dental instruments
- Charting conditions of dental decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by the dentist
- Maintaining and sterilizing dental equipment
- Applying fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to prevent dental decay
- Experience seeing patients in office
- Experience with SRP and regular prophy patients
- Comfortable with Injections
- Ability to prepare dental equipment and instruments
- Excellent working knowledge of overall dentistry and dental hygiene procedures, dental patient screening and medical history documentation
- Ability to travel at minimum one time per quarter for training; potentially out of state
- Dentrix computer experience a plus
- Experience using Vizilite, Velscope and/or Diagnodent a plus
- Experience using electronic medical records a plus
- Leadership skills
- Valid Dental Hygienist license in the state for which you apply
- Minimum of an Associate's degree in Dental Hygiene, Bachelor's degree a plus
- CPR Certification
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.