A Laboratory Technician position is available in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. The laboratory is particularly interested in studying DNA repair pathway in mammalian system. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing research, general lab maintenance and orderings. He/She will also be responsible for conducting research using molecular biology, cell biology and biochemical approaches to understand the mechanistic regulation behind DNA repair.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Molecular biology approaches working with DNA, RNA, and proteins.
- Basic cell culture and protein purification
- Cell biology including Western blotting and Immunostaining.
- Live imaging of cells using microscopy.
- General lab organization.
- Develops, maintains, and manages project/research databases while establishing quality control and security protocols.
- Models the Core Values of UAMS – Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Teamwork, Creativity, and Excellence in compliance with company guidelines.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in laboratory science, medical laboratory technology or related field - OR - 60 credit hours obtained from an accredited institution that must include 24 credit hours in Medical Technology or Science Courses which include 6 credit hours of Biology & 6 credit hours of Chemistry required.
Bachelor's degree in science or related field.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Stand: FrequentlySit: OccasionallyWalk: FrequentlyBend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: OccasionallyLift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or lessUse hands to touch, handle, or feel: FrequentlyTalk: OccasionallyHear: FrequentlyTaste or smell: OccasionallyRead, concentrate, think analytically: FrequentlyPhysical Environment: Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office EnvironmentNoise Level: QuietVisual Requirements: Color discrimination, Near visual acuityHazards: Biological, Chemical, Electrical, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Radiation, Sharp objects/tools