Strategic Accounts Client Manager
Sales, Marketing & Product Management
United States of America
Under general supervision, the Strategic Accounts Client Manager (SACM) is responsible for managing client satisfaction for a specifically assigned strategic customer. The SACM will develop, maintain and manage the relationship between internal field operations and their assigned client by owning processes that add value to the client. A successful SACM will search for, communicate and implement new and creative methods to improve customer service, increase productivity and drive out cost
- Provide regular reporting/presentations as requested by customer and internal field operations. Include cost studies, measurement tools, key performance indicators, and utilization studies.
- Assist leadership by overseeing the implementation and measurement of Key Performance Indicators and supporting recommendations to drive out costs and add value to the customer, as well as prepare for annual account assessments and mid-year business reviews, and other ongoing customer presentations, contract renewals, and new business opportunities.
- Provide data used for contract renewals, rate increases and to evaluate changes in business by preparing operating assumptions for the account.
- Provide start up assistance – equipment resets, driver hiring requests, systems implementation, and customer specific process training.
- Ensure accurate, timely invoicing and reporting is provided to the customer and, when needed, engage with the customer to resolve issues.
- Engage in daily and weekly capacity forecast planning and execution with the customer.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree or 3-4 years of Transportation/Logistics or related experience; must posses a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record as per JBH standards.
Preferred Qualification: Bachelor's Degree with 3-4 years of dedicated transportation, transportation/logistics, or related experience
Proficient time-management skills
Experience working in a customer service job
Ability to multitask
Knowledge of the J.B. Hunt's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters
Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
Ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
Experience in establishing and maintaining healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
Ability to analyze customer activity and demographic data for the purpose of predicting future customer behaviors and trends
Knowledge of and ability to implement effective strategies and activities that promote long-term customer loyalty
Experience in assessing customer needs and provide solutions for them
Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to key clients.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management (Required), Bachelors: Business Communications
Customer Service/Account Manager, Dedicated Transportation, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:
00373240 Strategic Accounts Client Manager (Open)
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."