Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for an Service Manager . The role of the Service Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the branch's Service Department in compliance with established policies and procedures. Plans, directs and controls the activities of the Service Department to ensure the overall growth and profit objectives are met. Formulates the major objectives, specific plans, plan procedures and programs for the Service Department; evaluates the department's results and performance against objectives. Maintains the highest quality standards of professionalism in serving the customer and identifying their needs. This individual would have the opportunity to:
- Assess present and future needs, trends, problems and profit opportunities of the Service Department.
- Within the Company's overall plans and policies, establish short and long term operating and financial objectives for the Service Department..
- Ensure that approved policies and objectives are clearly understood and effectively applied within the department.
- Formulate annual and monthly sales/profit objectives and expense budget in accordance with company objectives.
- Review and appraises the results of activities within the department and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Travel with outside sales force and own on to customer locations on a regular basis promoting Service Department and dealerships.
- Work with Parts Manager and outside sales force in a proactive way to improve labor sales efforts of outside sales force.
- Maintain appropriate communication within and between all departments within the branch.
- Promote safe work habits and ensures that safety rules are followed.
- Develop and maintains policies and practices which will ensure positive employee and customer relations.
- Is familiar with the activities of competition, market conditions and department operation; keeps the Branch Manager informed
- Coordinate the processing of warranty claims with Warranty Manager and administers warranty and policy adjustments in the most fair and honest manner for the customer, dealership and vendor.
- CDL preferred.
- Minimum of four years experience in related field.
- Must display excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Must have positive can-do attitude.
- Must have strong work ethics and commitment to extra hours when needed.
- Requires previous supervisory experience.