OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. With more than 30 years of combined experience in the field of optoelectronics our OSI Optoelectronics (OSIO) division is a diversified manufacturer of standard and custom photodiodes and optical sensors for used in aerospace, defense, commercial and medical applications.
We are one of the largest global manufacturers of optoelectronic devices, delivering engineering design support and manufacturing capabilities that include products for use in the defense, aerospace, medical, and industrial markets, among others. We utilize our world-class manufacturing facilities in the U.S., India and Malaysia to continue to put forth excellent engineering solutions aligned with efficient manufacturing to meet high-volume production requirements.
Advanced Photonix, a division of OSI Optoelectronics is seeking a Production Planner to plan, schedule, coordinate and/or monitor final approval of products through the complete production cycle. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading, and capacity requirements. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Schedules and/or interfaces with marketing, sales, production and engineering managers. Works to resolve (in case of design changes) labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions. Oversees the master schedules and ensures comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing.
- Reviews and executes ERP work order suggestions. (Open, Cancel, Reschedule)
- Establishes a work order schedule in consideration of product lead time to meet ERP requirements based on customer commitments and management production forecast
- Releases production kits for released work orders
- Must provide material availibilty, manufacturing and delivery status to management and at production meetings for all responsible products
- Communicates with production supervisors and managers so that everyone will know what production goals need to be met
Interact with Marketing and Engineering on product launch and readiness activities
- Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business
- Minimum 5 Years working in production planning & scheduling in a similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to take diverse information and formulate production plans and schedules
- Proven skills to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proffeciency with Microsoft Office suite emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness when completing production plans and schedules
- Mathematical ability to calculate figures and amounts such as scrap and yield factors and percentages
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.