Taos is immediately hiring a Linux Systems Engineer to join our Managed Services team in Culver City, CA. Candidates should be locally based, but position will be 100% remote under current conditions.
Who you are:
You’re a seasoned Linux Systems Engineer adept at architecting and maintaining availability, stability and security of global SPE Enterprise Linux/Unix infrastructure. Your experience enables you to provide knowledgeable recommendations on Linux operating systems related to both internal and external clients, including interpreting requirements regarding servers, storage, network services, database support and automation of redundant tasks. You easily grasp the scope of planning and management of Linux systems infrastructure, incorporating input from senior team members and clients’ management to achieve optimal solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting OS-related issues and restoring service in a timely manner
- Maintaining server availability and security, including infrastructure tools
- Overseeing system inventory including physical and virtual managed OS
- Managing outages, identifying root causes and resolving all server issues within allowed service levels
- Creating and updating operational procedures and policies as needed
- Identifying, resolving or escalating business issues as appropriate
- Participating in patch management and Linux after hours on-call rotation
- Developing and administering automation of rapid server deployment and centralized management of servers
- Developing performance management procedures for Unix/Linux servers
- Participating in ongoing development of infrastructure automation tooling
- Providing systems reports to management as requested
- Installing various software packages on platform
- Collaborating with other teams to design and implement solutions
- Developing and maintaining project plan for small and midsize team projects and providing regular status reports
What you’ll bring with you:
- Experience with x86 Unix/Linux server systems administration/engineering (standalone and blade systems)
- Familiarity with VMware or similar virtualization platforms (Proxmox, RHEV, oVIRT, Xen)
- Unix/Linux File Systems and volume management experience (LVM, ext4, XFS, NFS)
- Securing publicly accessible web and application systems
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of the IT environment
- A proactive customer service mindset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intuitive problem-solving abilities; sound judgement and decision-making
- Ability to efficiently juggle multiple tasks and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated track record of delivering committed tasks on time
Who is Taos?
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.