As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa we’re hiring the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences. We realize that Site Reliability Engineering practices is the key to deliver successful enterprise scale services and we looking for an exceptional SRE/DEVOPS Engineer who will lead the SRE/DevOps function of the OperA Observability Domain.
- Design,implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using Hands on JAVA, Spring, Pythonas well as other modern functional programming languages to support enterprise Observability solutions
- Expertise and experience in delivering large-scale systems using big data technologies including but not limited to: Enterprise scale Kafka, Prometheus, and other Time Series databases
- Buildsystems using Apache Flink, Fault tolerant Kafka, Druid etc.
- Build observability platform solutions using Kubernetes, Envoy, ISTIO service mesh and other container related technologies
- Proven ability to runCloud infrand Big Data infrastructure
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- 10-12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters or higher)
- Extraordinary software engineering talent
- 8 to 10 years of experience in design and development of large scale frameworks and products and services using JAVA, Spring
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
- For you to qualify you must be a Hands on Developer and with Focus on automation
- Must be a proven team player
Work HoursThis position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical RequirementsThis position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO StatementVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.