Rudolph and Sletten is looking for a VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator to coordinate 3D MEP models to be used from pre-design to pre-construction and construction phase to assist the project's delivery throughout design and construction using Building Information Modeling. The candidate should have 1-2 years of experience in the mechanical contracting industry with experience in BIM, design coordination and prefabrication for HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection systems in commercial buildings using Revit, AutoCAD and NavisWorks. The VDC/BIM MEP Coordinator will work as a member of the VDC Department. The position reports to the Director of VDC/BIM services. The position will provide the candidate an opportunity to grow within the company in an innovative and collaborative environment. This position can be located in our San Carlos, Roseville, Irvine, or Los Angeles office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate BIMs, and facilitate collaboration and communication with Owners, Architects, Engineers and trade contractors to co-generate models for use by pre-construction team, estimating department and operations team.
- Analyze 3D models provided by design team and engineers during design coordination to support pre-construction.
- Provide value analysis during the design process and recommend alternate solutions where appropriate.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control checks on BIM models.
- Perform clash detection in a proactive manner to ensure documents and Revit Models are coordinated.
- Design, develop and enforce modeling protocol and standards with VDC/BIM Manager.
- Coordinate model with design teams and subcontractors.
- Generate supplemental field construction documents for superintendents, project managers, and foremen to improve field performance.
- Perform, manage and track design change and manage BIM revision log.
- Review Navisworks coordination models.
- Assist project team members in the use of BIM technologies such as Trimble layout points in the model and others.
- Participate in coordination meetings with BIM Group Manager and provide technical expertise to project to Architect and design team members.
- Assist BIM Group Manager in recommending the best Virtual Design /BIM practices and optimizing Revit model to project design team.
- Assist MEP Preconstruction team for Cost Estimating and reviews.
- Assist the VDC/BIM Manager for the construction review process for completeness, trade coordination, construction methods and scheduling.
- Laser scanning (a plus)
Required Job Skills
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Strong personal management and organizational skills.
- Open minded and passionate seeking out new opportunities to contribute.
- Ability to innovate and find new opportunities to push the envelope for best VDC/BIM practices.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong training and coaching skills.
- Strong problem solving skills to overcome quickly and effectively unforeseen challenges.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated for continuous learning and improving technical and interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism in dealing with owners and design professionals.
- Ability to use self-judgment, problem solving, and self-starting.
- Demonstrate dedication and positive team attitude.
Computer Equipment and Software Skills
- Autodesk MEP Suite (NavisWorks)
- AutoCAD 3D MEP
- BIM 360 glue
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related work experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the mechanical contracting industry with experience in BIM, design coordination and prefabrication for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems in commercial buildings for a mechanical and plumbing contractor.
- Understanding of mechanical design, building codes, piping installation, and mechanical equipment and all building sub systems and construction methods.
- Industry Leader Salaries
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Training, growth opportunities, and reimbursed educational assistance
Contact Patrick Krzyzosiak: Patrick_Krzyzosiak@rsconst.com for information on this position