- Provides frontline HR support to staff and management, delivering a full spectrum of HR programs and services.
- Maintains local/legal compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and is responsible for carrying out policy and performing compliance related procedures.
- (e.g., labor law postings, health and safety practices, HR policies, leave facilitation, etc.)
- Partners with management on workforce planning and talent strategies.
- Manages the day-to-day HR operations and will be empowered to lead company wide initiatives to further develop the organization
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruiting local talent, interviewing, hiring qualified applicants and on-boarding.
- Assists with benefit facilitation such as on-boarding and open enrollment and acts as a resource for any questions or needs related to employee benefits.
- In collaboration with local management, consults and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, performance issues, employee relations issues, terminations and investigations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and reports metrics.
- Assists with claims coordination (e.g., Workers compensation, paid leaves, FMLA, STD, etc.)
- Partners with managers on performance management strategies and employee development opportunities.
- Works closely with employees and leadership team to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Is a member of the STAR Team, which develops and coordinates wellness events and employee engagement opportunities.
- Timely processes, analyzes and reports out on HR KPI's.
- Able to travel throughout the area to all Acme locations, specifically the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Reno and Arizona.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills: Technical Qualifications/Experience
- Experienced in Human Resources, Generalist level work and above, with a strong knowledge of HR processes and best practices.
- Experience with full cycle recruiting
- Strong knowledge of employment law with experience working in California specifically.
- Preferred: PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- Preferred: Bachelors in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Experience in working with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). Experience with Paycom a plus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Able to analyze and validate data in a detailed method.
Traits: Behavior & Competencies: Results
- Communication: Has a friendly and positive attitude when interacting with employees, managers, customers, and vendors. Is able to clearly communicate HR information so that employees better understand HR's purpose policies and practices. Is also able to consider timing and content when communicating and shares information in a thoughtful way rather than spontaneous manner.
- Consultation-Helps address challenges related to staffing needs, training & development needs, employee performance issues, employee relations issues, etc. Is able to consult and act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Relationship Management- Is a trusted resource who is able to maintain positive, productive relationships (and help others do the same) with all levels of the organization. Is able to recognize human dimension and manage multiple personalities well, while inspiring others to work better and be better.
- HR Expertise & Ethics- Is able to develop, maintain and execute sound HR policies, practices and procedures. Is able to serve the HR role and the company with integrity and respect in personal and organizational practices. Ensures that decisions are transparent and fair, holding themselves, employees and the company accountable for their actions.
- Business Acumen- Has a deep understanding of the business operations and functions (specifically their assigned region). Is able to bring unique business perspectives to the team and think strategically, understanding the vision and goals set forth from the company.
- Dependable & Reliable: Is reliable and trustworthy. Regularly completes all duties and goals with minimal supervision. Is punctual and meets work attendance and deadline requirements.
Requirements: Acme Construction Supply hires the highest quality individuals to serve our customers. Therefore, candidates will be required to pass a drug test and criminal background check. The screening will be conducted in compliance with our Drug-Free Workplace Policy which will be provided to all applicants.
Acme Construction Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer