Loyalty Programs Analyst
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with both a strong local presence and national scale. We operate over 2200 stores across 36 states under 18 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market and Carrs.
Our Loyalty Department has an opening for a Loyalty Program Analyst.
The Albertsons Companies Loyalty Department has an opening for an Analyst of Loyalty Programs. In this role, you will analyze and support the company's loyalty marketing initiatives through personalized pricing, communication, and services.
The Loyalty Team at Albertsons Companies focuses on new and innovative programs that deliver long term value to our shoppers while created a differentiated customer experience. The Loyalty Program Analyst is responsible for supporting the operational functions of loyalty campaigns. These include but are not limited to support of offer pricing, allocation and program analytics. The ideal candidate will have experience planning, executing and running SQL queries and generating statistical and analytical reports for decision making. The work will involve a mix of short term (including ad-hoc) projects as well as longer term strategic initiatives. The candidate will interface with a wide variety of stakeholders in a variety of marketing, merchandising, operations and finance and technology functions.
This position will be in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create dashboards and reports that highlight key business indicators, specific to partnership programs and other initiatives
- Handle creation, manipulation and extraction of data that is relevant for analytical and operational needs.
- Present key findings and make recommendations based on data and communicate business performance in a clear and insightful way to the business to facilitate timely and informed decision making.
- Utilize knowledge and experience in Excel, VBA, Access, database query tools, data warehouse architecture and SQL to solve business problems.
- Streamline and automate standard processes.
- Work independently or collaborate with other global analytics functions, participate in the development of data mining and segmentation models, in the following areas: customer relationship management, campaign/loyalty program response, partnership programs and customer satisfaction.
- Provide analytical support to ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
- Acquire solid understanding of Albertson's Safeway business and proactively look for ways to provide analytical solutions to business issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering), but will consider other disciplines
- Minimum 2- 3 years working experience in data analysis, dashboard creation and business recommendations based on data findings
- Experience in a Marketing, Strategy, Partnerships or Customer Analytics environment is highly preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience in using SQL
- Basic understanding of data warehousing principles/architecture
- Proficient in using Excel, VBA and PowerPoint for data manipulation, analysis and charting
- Excellent communications skills with respect to translating business needs into a data analysis approach and translating analysis results back into business terms. Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings and provide actionable opportunities.
- Should have a result -- oriented approach, comfort with ambiguity and ability to work efficiently within deadlines
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business implications of analytical results
- Flexible self-starter who flourishes in a dynamic environment; must be able to work with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Some travel required, 10% of time.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER