06 MarEmployBridge Search Group is currently recruiting for a Buyer in the Richmond CA area. The Buyer’s primary responsibility will be responsible for choosing and buying goods, items, and services that will be used by the company. The Buyer will be responsible to set pricing and quality of items and services, ensuring compliance for the needs and standards of the business and clients. This role will assist the Production Finance Manager and be the liaison between suppliers and the company.
- Launch bid process to optimize and negotiate purchasing costs in the following categories: Raw Materials, Packaging, Energy, Equipment and Transportation.
- Partner with the parent company to develop and implement a purchasing strategy and method.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Support Quality and R&D with new product development by sourcing new ingredients.
- Support Quality with documents and certification of ingredients.
- Support Maintenance department in ordering and invoicing parts and equipment needs.
- Make recommendations on cost reduction plans.
- Forecast and communicate changes in market prices and trends.
- Prepare monthly purchasing reviews, attend meetings and present information to various departments.
- Provide progress reports on purchasing needs, problems, and negotiations.
- BA/BS in Purchasing or equivalent
- 1 year plus of Buyer experience
- Proficient skills in negotiation and purchasing
- Interpreting and drafting purchasing contracts
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and written
- Microsoft Word, Office 365, Excel and PowerPoint skills