- Launch bid process to optimize and negotiate purchasing costs in the following categories: Raw Materials, Packaging, Energy, Equipment and Transportation.
- Partner with the parent company to develop and implement a purchasing strategy and method.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Support Quality and R&D with new product development by sourcing new ingredients.
- Support Quality with documents and certification of ingredients.
- Support Maintenance department in ordering and invoicing parts and equipment needs.
- Make recommendations on cost reduction plans.
- Forecast and communicate changes in market prices and trends.
- Prepare monthly purchasing reviews, attend meetings and present information to various departments.
- Provide progress reports on purchasing needs, problems, and negotiations.
- BA/BS in Purchasing or equivalent
- 1 year plus of Buyer experience
- Proficient skills in negotiation and purchasing
- Interpreting and drafting purchasing contracts
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and written
- Microsoft Word, Office 365, Excel and PowerPoint skills