- Manage and direct the activities of the purchasing department to seamlessly support the requirements of the manufacturing operations, while minimizing any potential delays in manufacturing.
- Review supplier capabilities, pricing and negotiate the most favorable pricing and purchase terms available.
- Review existing commodity sourcing strategies, identify and implement improvements to the supply chain, resulting in improved supplier performance cost savings, and optimize the overall value proposition.
- Negotiate and implement supply agreements and blanket orders that streamline the procurement process and add measurable value to the supply chain and purchasing process.
- Identify, implement, and execute ideas for cost savings. Effectively lead multi-functional cost reduction and improvement projects.
- Maintain strong collaboration with internal customers to ensure products and services are delivered at the right price, quantity, quality, and time.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure profit margins exceed budgetary targets to help increase profitability.
- Work closely with the Senior Management to aid identification and execution of key strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Take ownership for the measurement and reporting methodology of supplier and purchasing performance.
- Collaborate with and effectively manage the supplier base to identify and implement continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Train, hire and supervise the purchasing team both local and remote.
- Share professional expertise and help to mentor junior members of the department.
- Perform other purchasing and supply chain tasks and duties as required.
- Some travel is possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Business administration disciplines; or a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a related supply chain/purchasing function.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to drive cross functional continuous improvement and cost savings projects.
- Knowledge in creating and administering supply agreements and other contracts.
- Ability to create and publish effective and accurate purchasing and supplier management reports as required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems with experience using SAP highly preferred.
- Ability to maintain and analyze data. Update and maintain information in the ERP system.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Productions.
- Excellent presentation skills both verbally and written.
- Certifications a plus.