- Maintains the film lines at their peak efficiency through rapport with the equipment and maintenance team.
- Maintain On the floor optimization, integrating and improving film line manufacturing processes and systems to improve quality and efficiency.
- Monitors and promotes a safe work environment; encouraging the use of all PPE, housekeeping, safe lifting and safe driving.
- Ensures all equipment used in the film line process is up to safety, quality and production standards.
- Directs and reviews with Film Line Operators on production costs indicators: Product Weights, Line outputs, and Scrap to achieve measured goals.
- Ensures that tooling and set ups for film lines are up to date and maintained.
- Monitors and provides feedback to the team on issues of quality; performing audits and making recommendations and taking corrective action on issues as they arise.
- Analyses and resolves issues, assists staff in problem solving, utilizes support groups and outside support to resolve problems and improve machine uptime that supports specific action items for further process improvement.
- Conducts routine inspections of the blown film lines and works with the maintenance team to plan and organize preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and mechanical systems.
- Coordinates emergency repairs and large complex projects with the maintenance team.
- Acts as a liaison with Shift Supervisor and Maintenance on issues related to all film lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Submits service requests to ensure equipment reliability, process improvement and workflow efficiency, communicating issues and coordinating resolutions with team members.
- Documents technical protocols and processes and modifies whenever necessary.
- Creates and maintains training materials, and provides proper training, both hands-on and written to ensure proper and timely training of our Film Line Operators.
- Confers with the Plant Manager in establishing manufacturing and processing standards for the production areas.
- Reviews production schedule and coordinate with production planning on product changeovers to meet customer commitment dates and ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assists in the development of annual maintenance plans that supports the film line production activities.
- Participates in meetings and provides the necessary technical expertise to support the department.
- Assists in relieving operators for all breaks in accordance with California labor laws and company practices.
- Provides input to performance reviews; monitors work of assigned team members.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. An emphasis in Processing a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in plastics blown film processing, with at least 5 years of experience in multilayer blown film.
- Excellent technical knowledge of plastics blown film processes and material combined with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to influence others, and solicit the cooperation of subordinate staff.
- A strong mechanical aptitude with an excellent understanding of the basics of mathematics and statistics.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques.