Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains logistics, plan and schedules of overall job.
- Possess ownership of overall budget and fully understands project cost estimates.
- Heavily involved in Subcontractor's Scope and Exhibit A's and De-Scope.
- Possess the ability to communicate the overall job plan, in detail, to subordinates and others.
- Possess the ability to delegate, administer and correct the work required and supports other Superintendents.
- Develops and instills confidence, competence and trust when representing the Company to the Owner's.
- Reviews and evaluates weekly and monthly labor cost reports.
- Possess the ability to communicate and document impacts to the schedule, the logistical plan and costs as changes develop.
- Monitors schedule with Project Manager and Project Engineers. Approves all layoffs. Assigns work to field personnel.
- Oversees field operations including supervising and managing personnel and subcontractors.
- Monitors work quality, implements and oversees the Field Quality Control Program.
- Develops the jobsite safety plan in coordination with Project Superintendents and Safety Engineer.
- Manages and monitors construction activity to maintain compliance with contract specifications and company quality and safety standards.
- Maintains jobsite safety and constantly scans job site for potential safety hazards. Takes immediate appropriate action to correct any safety issues.
- Serves as the project's EEO and Affirmative Action representative.
- Monitors and approves all requisitions and purchase orders.
- Oversees tool acquisitions, inventory, returns, and equipment rentals.
- Posts jobsite work rules, signage, and bulletin boards.
- Prepares labor production budget and establishes and maintains labor control in coordination with
- Interfaces with Project Manager to settle any union jurisdictional disputes that may arise. Works cooperatively and proactively to maintain labor union relations.
- Oversees and initials Daily Construction Reports generated by subordinates.
- Schedules safety meetings.
- Administers jobsite mobilization.
- Chairs weekly subcontractor coordination meetings and verifies minutes.
- Develops accident procedure with Project Manager, Superintendents and Engineers.
- Chair's pre-construction meetings..
- Reviews and verifies weekly quantities, take-offs, purchasing and rental equipment.
- Participates in weekly coordination meetings with architect and owner.
- Oversees and reviews job schedules (look-ahead schedules at three-weeks and nine-weeks in advance intervals – prepared and generated by Area or Project Superintendent).
- Participates in schedule meetings, weekly coordination meetings and all Safety meetings. Chairs the finish trade coordination meetings.
- Demonstrates full and current knowledge of all OSHA Safety requirements and maintains compliance with these requirements on the job site at all times.
- Completes and processes back-charge documentation.
- Obtains acceptance of completed work.
- Coordinates special inspections as required.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of commercial construction projects (surveying, soil nailing, excavation and site rough grading, masonry installation and framing, and interior finishes).
- Oversees the maintenance of company vehicles and other equipment used in the field.
- Communicates job status to Project Manager and other management team members on a regular basis.
- Maintains a good line of communication with clients and subcontractors and uses conflict mediation and troubleshooting skills to resolve any issues, questions or concerns.
- Handles a varied workload and multiple priorities while working as a team with co-workers to accomplish company and project goals.
- Represents company at all times with professionalism and a commitment to quality.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate.
Required Job Skills:
- Ability to communicate well with multiple levels of personnel.
- Manage multiple demands simultaneously.
- Work well at project sites in the field environment.
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related filed is desired; a combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of twelve years in field construction management or related field.
- Experience in high-rise, casino or hospitality projects preferred.