A North County, San Diego Biotech company is seeking a Contracts Administrator/Paralegal for their Legal Services department. This long-term temporary position is scheduled to start in June 2013 and go through April 2014.
* Draft, evaluate, and negotiate to execution various technology transfer agreements (e.g., confidentiality/nondisclosure, material transfer, consulting services and similar).
* Be able to draft agreement using contracts automation software (ContractExpress) or from Word templates (we will train on ContractExpress, but comfort with software is essential).
* Act as point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters to ensure timely review and approval/reconciliation of contract modifications.
* Provide redlined recommendations and negotiate directly with external customer; work with internal counsel and tech transfer manager as required.
* Maintain contractual records and documentation using two legal databases (eCounsel, iManage).
* As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to internal customers, including training to employees on contracting practices and procedures, and ContractExpress software.
* Ability to learn and use various software programs (some are still in development) and databases are essential.
* Comfortable negotiating contractual provisions with scientists, attorneys and business teams.
* Knowledge of contracting practices
* Knowledge of standard contracts provisions (prefer experience with intellectual property agreements)
* 3 years' experience as a contracts administrator or paralegal with contracts administration responsibilities.
* BA or BS degree preferred