Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Our Information and Cyber Security (ICS) team is looking for a senior cyber security engineer to join our Security Content Development (SCD) team. Duties include creating, improving, and delivering events of interest from both upstream security tools and big data solutions for the benefit of the cyber security teams.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in network-focused forensics, incident response, and threat hunting utilizing both Deep Packet Inspection (i.e. full packet capture) and NetFlow solutions. The ideal candidate will additionally have a well-rounded background in endpoint/network defenses and security incident response, as well as some offensive security knowledge to allow the ability to think like an adversary. Polished verbal and written communication skills are desired, in order to ensure thorough and accurate reporting during and concluding a security incident.
The candidate will play a major role in our cyber threat hunt automation efforts, including the vetting of new models and procedures to identify and react to anomalous network and/or endpoint behaviors. Threat hunting efforts will be focused primarily on identifying advanced threats that are not detected via traditional security tools. Regular collaboration with multiple teams such as the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, Security Content Development, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Threat Detection Services, and the Offensive Security Research Team will be critical to success. This position will help to provide crucial metrics associated with our ability to discover and react to security threats.
- 3+ years of information security experience in converged testing (red teaming)
- 1+ year of experience in network, social, and physical domains
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: creating proof of concepts, creating exploits, or reverse engineering
- 2+ years of DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) experience
- 2+ years of Incident Management System experience
- 2+ years of Incident Response Protocols and Tools experience
- 2 + years of Regular Expression (regex) experience
- 2 + years of experience with network security, endpoint security, or security threat vectors
- 3+ years of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM/SIM/SEM) experience
- Advanced Information Security technical skills
- Proficient in working with systems, networks, and application vulnerability testing
- Ability to manage complex security scenarios and develop innovative solutions to address the most recent cyber threats
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Splunk experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of malware reverse engineering including: code or behavior analysis for endpoints and the network
- Experience analyzing large data sets
Other Desired Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, email/web security gateways, and other security detection/mitigation devices
- Experience with host-based and/or network-based forensics tools and techniques
- Experience with host and/or network log analysis as applied to incident response / threat hunting
- Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
- Strong ability to identify anomalous behavior on endpoint devices and/or network communications
- Strong experience in operating systems and application security hardening and best practices
- Strong investigative mindset with an attention to detail
- Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
- Demonstrate the ability to provide written and verbal communications to management to address real-time issues and incidents, including writing formal incident reports
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
- 3+ years of experience with full packet capture solutions
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Network Forensics Analyst (GNFA), Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE/etc), or other relevant certifications
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Irving: 2975 Regent Blvd - Irving, TX
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.