Email is the universal communication tool for work. It's where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn't designed for business and hasn't evolved with the way you work with a team. So you're dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We've created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front was featured in Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times' The Next Wave of 'Unicorn' Start-Ups, Zapier's Apps at Work Report: The Fastest Growing Apps of 2019, the Bay Area's Great Places to Work, and of course Glassdoor.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will have the opportunity to make a positive impact as a member of a growing accounting and finance team at Front. In this role, you will work closely with the Controller to manage the end to end order to cash cycle, which includes billing, invoicing, cash application and collections. You will also be involved in month-end close and various ad-hoc projects. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in billing and collections and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
What will you be doing?
- Review all sales contracts and orders; process all deals accurately and timely and ensure Front's billing system is up to date for revenue reporting
- Responsible for creating and the submission of invoices and credit memos to customers to accurately reflect sales agreements and related billing adjustments
- Manage accounts receivables, including accurate cash application and monitoring of collections. Work with customers to address non-payment and other collections issues
- Support and resolve billing and A/R inquiries and requests from external customers and internal teams
- Support the month-end close reporting requirement related to the revenue cycle, including revenue, A/R, deferred revenue and bad debt. Prepare monthly revenue flux analysis and related revenue adjustments
- Assist with audit requests, ad-hoc projects and system implementations
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably with 3+ years of revenue related experience with SaaS Company
- Able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks; strong organizational and time management skills are required
- A problem solver who consistently practices attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills; must also have experience with Netsuite, Stripe and SFDC
- Understanding of GAAP and basic revenue recognition standards
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with a customer service mindset
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.