Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
So where does BQuant fit in?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are even learning Python themselves. We are building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our mission: democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds.
What is the product?
We are building a managed data science platform based on Jupyter, TensorFlow and Spark, running on Kubernetes. Customers can deploy the product pre-configured on their own premises, or buy it as a service from Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop customer-installable deployments targeting Kubernetes on major cloud providers and customer premises, and a Bloomberg-managed deployment in the future
- Develop deployed features such as credential management, notebooks scheduling, git integration and user customizable environments
- Develop robust software with minimal day two operations for customers, mindful of security as you work on a product that runs untrusted code
You need to have:
- 3+ years of production experience in Golang, Python, C++ or another programming language
- Experience developing scalable back-end services
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience building and supporting production systems
- Experience with infrastructure technology such as AWS, Azure or VMWare
- Understand the need to keep software as simple as possible
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience delivering enterprise software to customers
- An appreciation for how our data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status