Taos is immediately hiring a dynamic Splunk Engineer/Administrator to work with a major financial institution in San Francisco. Candidates should be locally based, but this position will be 100% remote under current conditions.
Who you are:
You’re a seasoned Splunk “guru” who can quickly step into this high-profile role, building out Splunk infrastructure and leading efforts to enhance operations monitoring functions. You keep cool under pressure while providing hands-on Splunk support and guidance. Your stellar communication skills enable you to collaborate across multiple internal stakeholders, including operations, engineering, development, and business application owners alike.
What you’ll be doing:
- Configuring the Security and Operations environments for AWS
- Maintaining all Splunk on prem and Cloud infrastructure
- Managing all Splunk plugin configurations including ITSI and Enterprise Security
- Overseeing integrations with all significant Bank business and IT systems. You will be responsible for configuration, testing and ongoing support of these integrations
- Quarterbacking the synchronization of various log feeds from AWS and other cloud providers in order to satisfy all appropriate security controls; this will probably involve working with various development teams driving innovation
- Contributing to analysis of Dynatrace, AppDynamics, DataDog and New Relic to scope capabilities of these APM applications and how they will benefit and complement our existing monitoring capabilities
- Maintaining appropriate cadence of system upgrades and application versions
- Coordinating application and system onboardings
- Administering Cloud integrations, including but not limited to Salesforce, Azure, O365 integrations, G Suite integration
- Providing ongoing user support and day-to-day administration
- Supporting all Splunk-related infrastructure and architecture
- Troubleshooting environmental issues, forwarder deployments, and overall system health
- Develop and maintain quality dashboards, custom views, saved searches and alerts for internal technical operations team as well as business application owners
- Assisting internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards
- Managing and monitor the Splunk infrastructure for capacity planning and optimization
- Thoroughly documenting the system configuration and changes
- Helping drive monitoring strategies, provide best practices and resource planning in coordination with internal ops/support teams as well as developers and business owners
- Automating and optimizing processes to increase efficiencies
What you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Information Technology or related technical or quantitative field of study.
- Requires at least four years of recent experience in an operations production support role
- 2-3 years experience in infrastructure and application performance monitoring
- 2-3 years as a Splunk Administrator
- Experience with SDLC lifecycles and tooling is a plus
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible Tower, Terraform or others is ideal
- Any Splunk certifications including Certified Admin, Architect, Developer would be appropriate
- More advanced Splunk certifications would be an ideal plus for this position
- Ability to engage team members in a dynamic way
- Ability to manage multiple work streams without missing key deadlines
- Familiarity with Financial Services will be valuable – direct experience and domain knowledge will be a strong plus
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments and dynamic provisioning
- Should be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment as well as Windows
Who is Taos?
Taos is a comprehensive technology services company that simplifies today’s complex digital landscape by providing both strategic and technical guidance while implementing transformative solutions. As part of the nation's technology landscape since 1989, we offer opportunities that will allow you to achieve your career goals and objectives.
We're changing the face of some of the most innovative companies with our diverse solution offerings, exceptional talent, and thought leadership. Our clients look to us first for advice, insight, and support, driving us to relentlessly focus on customer success.
Let’s talk about us:
Some IT professionals watch their careers shoot straight up. Others spend years at one company after another struggling to get noticed and stay on top of developing technologies. If you are looking for a place that puts employees first while staying on the cutting-edge of technology, come to Taos. We’ll immerse you in multiple environments, give you access to the collaboration of a strong technical community, and expose you to innovation as it happens in real-time. With unparalleled adaptability, you have the opportunity to leverage Taos as an employer to be successful.
We love referrals so much that we pay for them! If you know someone that you would recommend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us and we will do the rest! We'll make sure that you receive the $1000 referral bonus after they are employed with us.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay, plus loads of free training (Puppet, Chef, Nagios, LAMP Stack, PMP, ITIL, Python, etc.)!
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this position or know someone who is, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) and contact information to email@example.com.
Taos Mountain, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Veterans are encouraged to apply!
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please go to http://www.taos.com/join-our-team/ and review the E-Verify Participant and Right to Work links for more information.