The next big thing in data is you!
We create environments for you to thrive. The growing diversity of data creates an exponential amount of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You'll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We've only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our Launch program. These full-time paid roles are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training and a robust mentorship program. You get to work alongside the brightest minds in the industry to drive the innovation necessary to outpace new demands and challenges created by data.
As a member of Drive Integration and Failure Analysis (DIFA) Team, you will support planning and development of Enterprise HDDs from concept to volume manufacturing. You will be working with multi discipline teams to identify, integrate, debug and implement design features from staging phases to final production transfer to manufacturing team. The ideal candidate will be heavily engaged in Integration activities during development and customer qualification to implement features and neededc orrective actions. An ideal candidate will be self motivated, self-directed, and has passion to handle new challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Program Management team to plan and define Product Requirements, Product Features and Product Development Phases
- Responsible for bring up of Manufacturing Test Process and Implementation of Product Features
- Interlock with subsystem teams (Electronics, Firmware, Servo/Mechanical, HDI, Failure Analysis) teams to:
- Coordinate strategy to meet Manufacturing milestones throughout product development cycle
- Analyze and resolve development issues identified during system integration
- Identify root cause of HDD failures and implement corrective actions
- Drive Yield Roadmap and improvements, identify and interpret data collection requirements
- Current student, pursuing a BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science and graduating between December 2019 and June 2020
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skill
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ and Python Scripting
- Ability to handle more than one project at a time
- Knowledge of both Windows & Linux operating system
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It's You & Us. Together, we're the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person's gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-V