Responsibilities for this Position
Job ID: 2020-45470
Required Clearance: TS/SCI, obtainable within 24 months
Posted Date: 8/22/2020
Category: Program/Project Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Hiring Company: General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 15 years of demonstrated leadership; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 13 years of demonstrated leadership.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it's often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it's waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As the Project Management Director, you'll develop and implement product/program strategies, roadmaps, and cohesive integrated plans to meet business and program objectives relating to revenue, margin, quality, and time-to-market. This will require the successful development and execution of project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables. You'll conduct reviews to drill down into issues on products/programs, develop corrective actions, and determine impacts and corrective actions to program teams. We'll rely on you to set standards for metric reviews over a family of programs/product line or within a business area.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 15 years of demonstrated leadership; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 13 years of demonstrated leadership
- Skilled in the development and implementation of product/program strategy and tactics
- Extensive understanding of business and supply chain strategy
- Ability to develop and implement a product-oriented WBS and WBS Dictionary
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to lead others in team building, conflict resolution, motivation, leadership and advanced risk management
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran