Requisition ID# 55521
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
Job Location: San Ramon
PG&E Academy Operations is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning itself with the vision of each internal learning track with a goal to support the increase of employee safety and productivity by designing, developing and delivering world class learning and on the job support solutions.
We are seeking team members who can thrive with little supervision in a fast-paced environment that is undergoing change. To be successful, you must possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships, and have a strong bias for action, results and continuous improvement.
Under the direction of the Academy Operations Supervisor, the Senior Learning and Development Ops Support will utilize project management tools to coordinate enterprise-wide learning implementation efforts while focusing on end-to-end business process improvement. This requires a strategic and interactive partnership with PG&E leaders, delegates, and employees in order to align the Operation team's goals, vision and values to those of the Academy and the organization.
Due to the current landscape, this role will work from a home office. Once the COVID-19 moratorium is lifted this position may be expected to split time between the home office and the San Ramon office.
J ob Responsibilities
- Strategize with Academy leadership to plan, forecast and implement enterprise-wide training programs for one or more Lines of Business (LOB)
- Oversee roster completion, session creation, course creation, session management, course management, enrollments, cancellations and assigning key resources to scheduled events, close out Help Desk tickets related to school, and other tasks as an SAP learning administrator.
- Oversee, execute and improve complex processes for all logistical and operational support of Academy training courses and programs, including On-the-Job Training, Structured Learning Paths, offsite location booking, asset and materials management, catering, travel arrangements, scheduling facilitators and other tasks as required
- Maintain the integrity of training data within LMS by developing and enforcing quality control through new governance processes and procedures
- Implement technology projects within respective schools to ensure process consistency
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving, organization and follow up skills to ensure training efficiency and accurate departmental metrics are reported
- Provide upfront consulting guidance to design, program and delivery teams around operational and learning technology capabilities advising on appropriate learning delivery methods and operational capabilities
- Actively promote the use of more efficient, automated processes to our clients through Continuous Improvement efforts to ensure seamless operational support within the Academy and a consistent, centralized business approach for the enterprise
- Provide leadership and training to Learning and Development Ops Support Associate and Intermediate team members, as well as contractors and temporary staff, within own school. Includes assigning and prioritizing of work
- Create training manuals, job aids, process maps and other documentation for cross-training and knowledge transfer purposes.
- Provide cost analysis support by gathering data and tracking material costs as needed as well as tracking Academy cost savings
- Support, management and administer all other operational tasks for courses and programs.
- Establish and maintain service level agreements between the Academy and our LOB clients by the development of team metrics and continuous process improvement.
- Participate in ad hoc project requests as needed
- High School or General Education Development (GED) diploma
- 4 years of combined experience working within a training organization and/or SAP or other Learning Management System (LMS) or equivalent
- Bachelor's in Learning, Business Administration, Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Ability to provide support and business intelligence for training related forecasts and reports
- Experience with SAP Business Warehouse, Business Objects or similar business intelligence tools
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement tools/methodology, with proven demonstration of initiating process improvement in past roles