We are looking for highly motivated Software Engineer's to help us build cutting edge postage and shipping solutions to fuel the e-commerce industry. The Senior Software Engineer is directly responsible for server-side development primarily using MS Visual C#/.NET applications. This position reports to the Manager, Software Development. The ideal candidate will be a solution minded professional able to take technical specifications, based on conceptual design and stated business requirements, through a life cycle while working independently.
The Development teams at Stamps.com/Endicia serve as the backbone for the company through backend platform design, implementation and support. The teams are self-motivated to deliver and increase the breadth and depth of the features and capabilities of our enterprise software.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses!
WHO WE ARE
Endicia, a wholly owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), is a leading provider of internet-based postage services for e-commerce businesses of all sizes. Endicia's postage and shipping solutions save time and provide access to the best possible U.S. Postal Service® rates. We know that shipping can be complex and our goal is to simplify your shipping operations so you can focus on doing what you do best.
WHAT WE DO
Stamps.com, Endicia® electronic postage solutions make it easier and more affordable to ship parcels through the U.S. Postal Service®. Our solutions have helped thousands of businesses print more than $14 billion in postage. As a long-time, trusted partner of the U.S. Postal Service, we've built our reputation on our commitment to simplifying, improving, and enhancing the shipping process for our customers. That's what we call "innovation with purpose."
Our customers view Endicia as vital to their businesses because we help them increase shipping efficiency saving them time, money, and resources. Whether you're a high-volume warehouse shipper, operating an e-commerce site from your home, or simply trying to get invoices out before the day is over, Endicia can help.
Primary Position Objectives:
Understand business requirements and provide technical direction for software design Defect free product feature implementation while maintaining timeliness Project planning and documentations Test case development and troubleshooting
Essential Position Duties:
- Analyze and understand the product specifications
- Work with product team to clarify any ambiguity
- Identify the required system changes to support the feature
- Identify both the internal and external dependencies
- Create technical specifications covering all changes
- Write defect free code that is always backward compatible
- Ensure timely delivery of the changes/builds
- Perform unit testing before providing the builds to QA
- Perform peer code review and provide feedback
- Provide accurate Dev estimates for the changes and update the development tickets in a timely manner
- Create and maintain different documents such as technical spec, bug report etc.
- Identify test cases for unit testing
- Provide necessary QA notes for the changes
- Troubleshoot production issues as needed
Additional Job Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time.
- Walk short distances.
- Stand for short periods.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Five or more (5+) years development experience on the Windows platform
- Proficient in fundamental Computer Science concepts and algorithms
- Five or more (5+) years' experience with the .NET framework required, C# and MS SQL preferred
- Experience with IIS or other web servers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
Detail oriented, Effecive verbal and written communication skills, Good analytical skills, Proactive quick learner
- MS SQL preferred
- Web Services
- Web API
- Proficiency with version control systems such as Perforce or Git
- AWS knowledge is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled