Are you PASSIONATE about MISSION and INNOVATION?
Looking for a challenging, but very rewarding, UX opportunity in a selective industry? CACI BITSystems (within the TALOS program) is currently seeking a Mid to Sr. UX Interaction Designer, Miid, to join the FADE UX Engineering and Design team. If selected, you'll be an integral part of a growing team that is committed to following UX best practices while adhering to design principles.
What You'll Get to Do:
- You will be part the UX Engineering and Design team dedicated to the TALOS portfolios, a set of large analytic tool suites with many moving parts.
- You'll work closely with the user researchers to learn from the users and then draft up low-mid fidelity comps and mockups (both static and interactive) which will then be tested with the users for final iteration.
Day in the Life? Glad you asked!
Your day will start with cold brew nitro, tea, or whatever your choosing, reviewing user research findings, and crafting designs that are tailor fit for them. From time to time, you'll hop into team meetings to discuss the next wave of projects and/or any other relevant other team discussions. Throughout the day, you'll be collaborating with user researchers and designers alike on creating the next level of TALOS. Your time will move swiftly because you'll be mentally challenged with some of the most complex problem-solving tasks. At the end of the day, you'll head home and emotionally charged to take on the next day.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Product centric interaction design working on low-mid fidelity static comps and interactive mockups
- Creating human centered designs within TALOS that are tailor fit for the users while accomplishing the tasks of being usable, functional, and consistent
- Collaborating with stakeholders and user researchers on greenfield and existing production work
- Delivering UX best practices while working closely with data scientists, product owners, mission engineers, and software engineers
- Working on visual design initiatives that adhere to design principles overall consistency
- Elevating the UX team within the TALOS program by delivering best in class on time on every project
- Working successfully alongside a dynamic UX team on standing up a UX practice currently in progress
- Be forward thinking for the user on how to solve challenges prior to designing the solution
- Must be a thinker at heart and love to solve problems
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship with ACTIVE TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree or higher in experience design, industrial design, HCI or related field OR 3+ years of relevant work experience in UX, product design, or enterprise application fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in UX, focusing purely on interaction and visual design within a product or enterprise application (80% interaction design, 20% visual design)
- Have lead enterprise level design projects while clearly validating the design approach, proofing out findings learned from users in the design. 2-3 projects will suffice.
- Follows a human centered design approach and process
- Ideation strategy, early-stage design, and existing production experience
- A strong background in design principles while adhering to brand guides and a design system
- A consistent history of successfully collaborating with other complimentary teams (product, engineering, data science, etc.)
- Solid understanding of human centered design and the essential roles of interaction and visual design within the discipline
- Deep software and UX prototyping tools (Adobe CC suite, Axure, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and within a team and assist teammates to achieve team commitments
- Must be able to travel up to 25% (travel may be required for this position).
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ACTIVE TS/SCI CI POLY
- Background in visual design that transferred over to interaction design
- A user experience designer at heart that works on their craft on and off the field.
- A driven self-starter that is motivated by solving problems
- UX and CX experience working holistically on brand consistency and messaging
- Having a mental mindset to educate and inform about UX best practices
- Understanding of Agile and lean philosophies
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to discuss, present and defend designs and design decisions with cross-functional and non-technical audiences
What We Can Offer You:
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.