Join the SpotX Engineering Team as a Senior Big Data Engineer.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally.
The Senior Big Data Engineer role will interface with business, product owners, and other engineering teams to develop and deliver timely, high quality "big data" datasets in support of reporting through software like Tableau, Superset, Hadoop, Spark, Airflow, and Druid. Focus area will be on developing applications and production jobs to process and deliver data to the SpotX Data Warehouse.
- Build pipelines to process data in the billions of records per day using Hadoop, Spark and Map-Reduce
- Build and schedule robust Airflow DAGS to automate workflows
- Develop and maintain accurate and robust data sources from large datasets
- Work closely with data analysts to support reporting
- Perform Root cause and corrective action assessments of data discrepancies, often with minimal information to go off
- Build new features and applications to meet the needs of our customers and business
- Support software creation, maintenance, and enhancements
- Diagnose problems at massive scale
- Work with management and product team in accurately planning and executing sprints
- Perform additional duties assigned by management
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Computer Science or Software Development is a plus)
- Experience in "big data" with distributed computing and systems is preferable but not required (our stack includes Hadoop, Hive, and Spark, but equivalent experience in platforms like AWS/S3, Redshift, Snowflake, Azure, or GCP is acceptable)
- Scala or Java experience is a plus
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Mac development environment
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze raw data
- Effectively manage multiple tasks, large and small, delivering accurate and timely data
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment, often without formal requirements and with minimal supervision
- Be a highly motivated self-learner that's willing to dig into hard problems
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
When you join our team, we offer:
- A fast-paced, innovative company building best-in-class technology from 12 offices around the world
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching program and education assistance
- Annual technical education stipend
- Gym reimbursement, employee assistance and wellness programs
- Through our SpotX for Change program which matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities, SpotX contributed over $35K to charitable organizations in 2019
SpotX Core Values:
Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX strives to attract, invest in, and develop a diverse group of people.
At SpotX, we seek to build an inclusive workforce and work environment. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
The company's solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX's trusted, GDPR/CCPA-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. In early 2019, SpotX acquired Yospace which powers server-side ad insertion (SSAI) for all live and video on demand content streamed to connected devices. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann's RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 12 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.