If you are a self-starter known for your partnership and communication skills, come join us as a Designer! In this role, you will be using your skills and expertise to develop highly complex designs. These cover a very wide range, from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll create and review layouts, drawings, and models for clarity, completeness, and accuracy. You'll identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in designs
At SNC's ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study and 3 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Extensive Solidworks experience in:
- Part modeling
- Assembly modeling
- Understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Experience with PDM
- Experience with Surface Modeling/Lofting
- Experience using Creo, NX, ProEngineer, AutoCAD, CATIA or Enovia 3Dxperience software.
- Working knowledge of ASME and Government standards.
- Background in the Aerospace & Defense Industry.
- Prior experience applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Knowledge of industry-standard design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware and or electrical component selection, fabrication, manufacturing, and production processes
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.