Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Chief Operating Office (WCOO) is responsible for Wholesale administration and operations as Wholesale Banking looks to transform its infrastructure, systems, and processes to be more efficient, simple, and consistent.
Wholesale Transformation Office:
The Wholesale Transformation team, a part of the WCOO, is focused on achieving operational efficiency, effectiveness, and risk reduction by shifting mindsets, behaviors, processes, and developing supporting technology. The team partners with Lines of Business, Operations, and Wholesale Control to drive transformation with a focus on business structures, risk and control, data quality and consistency in customer experience.
The Wholesale Transformation Customer Onboarding and Financial Crimes platform team is responsible for tool enablement of Wholesale customer lifecycle processes across lines of business, products and channels.
Customer Onboarding / Financial Crimes Platform Consultant, a newly-created position, will be responsible for executing initiatives to build a better customer onboarding and financial crimes case management experience for our team members. This position will work within a team of product management specialists focused on requirements/user stories, user acceptance testing, prioritizing the backlog, and production validation.
A successful candidate must have demonstrated expertise with customer onboarding and financial crimes processes ideally within Wholesale, as well as developing technology solutions across interconnected business lines. Strong business acumen skills and previous planning, analysis, and execution experience.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Meeting with stakeholders to understand business needs and documenting into requirements/user stories
- Facilitating User Acceptance Testing to ensure tool functionality addresses the underlying requirements/user stories
- Creation of test plans, test scripts, logging and maintain defects in a testing tools
- Managing and prioritizing the backlog of enhancements and defects releases
- Conducting production validation
- Ensuring plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to define an effective engagement model in a matrixed environment
- Recognizing competing priorities and making strategic recommendations to leadership
- Developing creative innovative solutions to improve efficiencies
- Manage issues associated with project requirements, design conflicts and change management
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Wholesale Customer and Account Onboarding (WCAO) platform
- In-depth knowledge of CDD/KYC, Financial Crimes, and Relationship Management
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1740 Broadway - Denver, CO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.