Tempur Sealy Denver is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our team. The chosen candidate will receive a $5K signing bonus (continous employement required). Health, Dental, and Vision benefits are elligible from day one of employment.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible to set up/install, service and repair a variety of plant equipment including sewing machines, computer --controlled machinery, mechanized conveyors, and building utilities such as power and compressed air distribution.
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following, however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Troubleshoot, repair, adjust and maintain and install machinery as needed to support quality and production targets.
- Conducts planned and unplanned maintenance work to reduce machine downtime.
- Conduct all work while adhering to OSHA regulations (i.e. Lockout/Tag-out etc)
- Repair, set up, or install equipment for operators tuning either mechanically or by changing parameters on Human Machine Interface.
- Assemble and test machinery to make sure it is safe and operational before placing back into production
- Perform building maintenance
- Required to organize and/or stock raw materials in the work area and to follow departmental housekeeping requirements and leave the work environment and equipment clean at the end of the production day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Two to five years maintenance experience in an industrial production environment and knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred. Background in mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and basic electrical system required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work safely, take initiative, multi-task, and work both independently and as a part of a team
- Capable of rapidly responding to unplanned equipment breakdowns during production
- Track record of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is classified as requiring moderate physical duty work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is frequently required to stand for extended periods; repetitively use hands to touch, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is sometimes required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch or crawl.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.