HomeAdvisor wants a Senior Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You'll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
As our team grows, we're looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture and coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- A passion for developing good products
- A good communicator able to reach across to other teams to collaborate
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy-path, and bend the lens to see what's around the corner - we're software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when…not what happens if….
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to effectively do their jobs.
- An architectural thinker that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen.
- Someone not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
- Contribute as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product
- Solid understanding of OO programming
- Design, implement and maintain java applications
- Analyze product requirements and translate into Java code
- Debug and resolve technical issues
- A TDD driven mindset
- Work cross functionally to build applications
- Mentoring of other team members
If you can demonstrate your skills in these areas, then we should chat:
- 6+ years of strong Java language fundamentals particularly Java 8 and newer
- 6+ years of Enterprise application experience using Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON
- 6 years of Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL
- 6 years of experience with RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- 6+ years of experience and strong belief in using unit testing as part of development and using framework such as Junit, Spock
- Experience with version control system tools such as GIT and build management tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understand SOA and OOP concepts
- Understand CI/CD processes
- Understand abstract problems and able to provide innovative solutions
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.