EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager for our Consolidations Accounting team who owns our financial systems projects, consolidations, inter-company structuring, chart of accounts, month end close, management reporting, mergers and acquisitions, and accounting processes and procedures for the consolidated business.
This role is based at our Denver, CO headquarters and will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Accounting. The successful candidate must be a very strong accountant, with significant experience in complex consolidations, mergers and acquisitions accounting and financial systems, who also has a strong working knowledge of change management and process improvement. Accordingly, the candidate needs to be very well versed in financial systems, purchase/disposition accounting, and general accounting, with the ability to develop and improve processes and procedures. This position must be able to interact very well with other teams – Operations Accounting, Technical and SEC Accounting, Shared Services, Internal Audit, Finance, IT, Procurement, Manufacturing, Billing, Legal etc.– to ensure all accounting related activities to these functions are properly accounted for monthly.
The successful candidate will possess experience in complex, high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class policies, processes and procedures. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated excellent full cycle accounting and analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced environment. Last, the candidate needs to have significant experience with structuring intercompany transactions and eliminations.
The candidate will be tasked with ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements. Key areas of focus include:
- Chart of Accounts Management
- Consolidations Accounting
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Dispositions Accounting
- General Ledger and Balance Sheet Accounting
- Foreign Currency Accounting
- Financial Systems Implementation and Management
- Inter-company Structuring and Elimination
- Actively participate in all aspects of management of our financial systems, consolidations, and mergers and acquisitions accounting.
- Review financial statements and management reporting for accuracy and proper consolidated accounting treatment.
- Prepare manual consolidation and inter-company elimination entries on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statement analysis
- Prepare consolidated schedules to be used in the SEC filings
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Management and Audit Committee
- Manage corporate purchase and disposition accounting processes.
- Bachelor's in accounting with a minimum of 7 years of related accounting experience including significant exposure to intercompany, consolidations, and foreign currency translation – predominately at large, multi-national public companies
- 2 years of experience with consolidations and intercompany accounting.
- 5+ years of working with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning preferred
- Masters' Degree in Accounting
- Strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving and project collaboration.
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis and proven ability to present data in a clear, concise and compelling manner to all levels of management
- Comfortable in discussing issues, strategy and negotiating with Company executives
- Proven self-starter that doesn't need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
- Superior writing skills
- Superior Excel modeling skills
- Superior PowerPoint presentation skills
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.