At CoBank, our Auditor coordinates and performs financial, operational, and regulatory audits in accordance with established department and professional audit standards. Determines materiality of findings. Prepares work papers that support opinions presented in reports. Performs audits in accordance with professional audit standards, procedures and guidelines, within the boundaries of individual assignments, and within specifications and timeframes listed in the audit plan. Participates in the risk assessment process. Prepares and delivers verbal and written presentations to management detailing audit results. Evaluates the effectiveness of financial and operational controls using risk-based concepts. Uses audit engagements as opportunities to identify, review and test key business controls to assist management in meeting its objectives. Assists in the preparation of audit reports. Maintains professional expertise in audit best practices and in the technical areas of responsibility.
This is a challenging, fast-paced, rewarding opportunity for a motivated self-starter to gain exposure across CoBank's different Divisions learning how our unique organization operates. This role will interact with executive and senior management and will include the opportunity to demonstrate superior audit capabilities throughout all phases of a review (e.g. planning, fieldwork and reporting). This role has high visibility both internally and externally, and will also provide future leadership opportunities at CoBank and the Farm Credit System (FCS). The FCS is a $200+ Billion system encompassing 80+ organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in banking or the financial services industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of internal auditing principles and best practices.
- Intermediate knowledge of COSO framework, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and other regulatory requirements for financial institutions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage workload and projects, prioritize competing commitments, and complete assignments in accordance with established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and build relationships with associates and management at all levels across the bank.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
CoBank stands strong as a $135 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.