Commercial Title Examiner
Land Title Guarantee Company is Colorado's leader in title insurance and closing services. For over 50 years, we have helped our customers achieve their real estate dreams. We are looking for an individual passionate about working at a locally owned and operated company where details, customer service, and positive employee culture matter.
Why Land Title:
Land Title Guarantee company was voted Colorado's #1 Title Company by Colorado Biz Magazine in 2017 and was named a 2019 Top Workplace by The Denver Post.
With over 50 offices across the state and nearly 700 employees, we are large enough to provide excellent employee benefits, yet small enough to feel like family. Land Title realizes that its biggest success is our employees. We work hard every day to maintain a small company culture that includes creating valued relationships, providing industry training and career progression, and being technologically progressive.
The Title Examiner in Commercial ensures a thorough examination of a property's chain of title while adhering to company and underwriting guidelines thereby eliminating risk and preventing loss when issuing title commitments
- Review printout and contents of searchers file for accuracy; perform any additional searches for all documents affecting property according to standard underwriting searching guideline stopping points.
- Examine chain of title to underwriting stopping point; identify problems and note requirements for correcting title.
- Determine requirements and exceptions for issuing title commitment; complete examination for the input of data into the computer system.
- Maintain tracking of examined orders through computer system.
- Request over-limit approvals according to company and underwriting guidelines.
- Create indemnity requests/order when identified and makes a recommendation on how to resolve.
- Search geographic and Grantor/Grantee.
- Review surveys, subdivision plats, and condominium maps and declarations to determine insurability.
- Maintain communication with other departments for file completion.
- Consult with customers for verification of facts and details involving the property; take responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Support all title officers, title assistants and searchers for file completion.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Previous Commercial TItle Experience Preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Active Colorado Title License
- Solid working knowledge of E-mail, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Internet, TIMS, TIMS Imaging, MapDraw, RealQuest
- Knowledge of legal and real estate terminology, underwriting practices and related title insurance processes used in the preparation of title insurance products
What We Offer:
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Company provided life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual company events