To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have a current and active NMLS in good standing
- Must have current and active State Licensing in good standing
- Primary duty is making outside sales. Employee will be customarily and regularly engaged away from the employer's place of business. Candidate must have experience in this area.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience as loan originator.
The Senior Loan Officer is responsible for making sales of mortgage loan packages though proactively soliciting and self-sourcing new residential mortgage business to meet Freedom Mortgage's loan quality and production goals. The Senior Loan Officer is customarily and regularly conducting sales and engaged in sales activities in a variety of settings spending more than one-half of the workday away from any FMC regular place of business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes, develops and maintains positive relationships with existing and potential customers. Develops, maintains and monitors relationships with client referral sources such as realtors and brokers, builders, developers, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to generate mortgage leads with potential new or existing customers.
- Keeps informed on trends, changes and developments in the local real estate market.
- Keeps up with what competitors are doing by keeping up-to-date with changing rules, regulations and guidelines from FHMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA in addition to other investors and agencies.
- Keeps informed of all origination, processing, appraisal, underwriting and closing requirements for both company and investor guidelines pertaining to both governments insured and privately insured mortgages.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions with mortgagors.
- Responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to: counseling and prequalifying potential home buyers; taking complete and accurate applications; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock-in information; overseeing the loan status to all interested parties; and obtaining loan documentation after closing as directed by corporate or senior management.
- Writes sales reports, plans itineraries and engages in marketing and promotional activities in support of sales goals.
- Stays current on a variety of different sales techniques though ongoing individual and company sponsored training including: Ignite Sales Training for Loan Officers and Product Training.
- Serves as a mentor to Loan Officers
- Maintains a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Employee must comply with Company Policies, and all applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, guidelines and other requirements pertaining to the mortgage banking industry, and to the business of Company.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.