The Outlets at Silverthorn is seeking a full-time security officer to patrol the grounds and buildings of the Center. The Security Officer will perform a variety of tasks while working under general supervision and report any suspicious activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Protect the property both on foot and by vehicle, being visible and observant at all times.
- Maintain the security cellular phone and professionally respond to all calls for service within the Center.
- Ensure the safety, comfort, and satisfaction of the shopping public by always exhibiting a professional and helpful attitude.
- Ensure critical areas of the property are monitored.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all security operations, policies, and procedures.
- Document security activity using appropriate corporate and center security forms, always ensuring the work product is concise, accurate, and thorough.
- Assist the Security Supervisor and Security Director in implementing the center's Security work plan; assigned work activities, projects, and programs.
- Perform all duties according to OSHA established health and safety standards.
- Assist the Security Supervisor and Security Director in training new security personnel.
- Comply with all Corporate and Security policies and procedures that pertain to the Center.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with store managers and employees on an ongoing basis to enhance the security and safety of all employees and the general public.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred.
- Ability to effectively respond to issues both verbally and in writing.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service.
The Outlets at Silverthorne is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status and other characteristics that make our employees unique.